Re: Write performance on a large database - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Alan Hodgson
Subject Re: Write performance on a large database
Date
List pgsql-general
On June 9, 2011 05:15:26 AM Håvard Wahl Kongsgård wrote:
> Hi, I have performance issues on very large database(100GB). Reading from
> the database is no problem, but writing(or heavy writing) is a nightmare.
> I have tried tuning postgresql, but that does not seem to improving the
> writing performance.
> To improve the write performance, what are my options?

Buy fast disks (many), attach them to a good raid controller with a battery-
backed write cache, setup in RAID-10. Or move to SSD.

--
Obama has now fired more cruise missiles than all other Nobel Peace prize
winners combined.