Re: partitioned tables query not using indexes

From: Kenneth Marshall
Subject: Re: partitioned tables query not using indexes
Date: ,
List: pgsql-performance

Tree view

partitioned tables query not using indexes  (Kevin Kempter, )
 Re: partitioned tables query not using indexes  ("A. Kretschmer", )
  Re: partitioned tables query not using indexes  (Kevin Kempter, )
 Re: partitioned tables query not using indexes  (Josh Berkus, )
  Re: partitioned tables query not using indexes  (Kenneth Marshall, )

On Sun, Feb 28, 2010 at 12:29:14PM -0800, Josh Berkus wrote:

> > However the same query against the base table when specifying the check
> > constraint key in the where clause produces sequential scans:
>
> Does the "master" table have the same indexes as the slave partitions?
>
> --Josh Berkus

Does this help? I have an empty base table without indexes and partitions
underneath that do have the index. I did not think that an index on the
parent table did anything.

Cheers,
Ken