Re: bigint integers up to 19 digits.

From: Alvaro Herrera
Subject: Re: bigint integers up to 19 digits.
Date: ,
List: pgsql-performance

Tree view

bigint integers up to 19 digits.  (Tory M Blue, )
 Re: bigint integers up to 19 digits.  (Craig James, )
  Re: bigint integers up to 19 digits.  (Tory M Blue, )
   Re: bigint integers up to 19 digits.  (Jochen Erwied, )
    Re: bigint integers up to 19 digits.  (Alvaro Herrera, )

Jochen Erwied escribió:

> Maybe using 'numeric(19)' instead of bigint is an alternative. I actually
> don't know how these numbers are stored internally (some kind of BCD, or as
> base-100?), but IMHO they should be faster than strings, although not as
> fast as 'native' types.

base 10000 in the current implementation