Re: PG 8.3 and large shared buffer settings - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Aidan Van Dyk
Subject Re: PG 8.3 and large shared buffer settings
Date
List pgsql-performance
* Dan Sugalski <dan@sidhe.org> [090925 06:06]:

> I'll have to go check, but I think it does. This box hasn't actually hit
> swap since it started --  a good chunk of that RAM is used as
> semi-permanent disk cache but unfortunately the regular day-to-day use of
> this box (they won't let me have it as a dedicated DB-only machine. Go
> figure :) doing other stuff the cache tends to turn over pretty quickly.

All the more reason to find a way to use it all as shared buffers and
lock it into ram...

Oh, sorry, you expect the DB to play nice with everything else?

;-)

a.

aidan@highrise.ca                                       command like a king,

Attachment