Re: Hosted servers with good DB disk performance? - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Markus Wanner
Subject Re: Hosted servers with good DB disk performance?
Date
List pgsql-performance
Hi,

Quoting "Greg Smith" <gsmith@gregsmith.com>:
> What I'd love to have is a way to rent a fairly serious piece of
> dedicated hardware

I'm just stumbling over newservers.com, they provide sort of a "cloud"
with an API but that manages real servers (well, blade ones, but not
virtualized). Their "fast" variant comes with up to two SAS drives,
however, I don't think there's a BBC. Hardware seems to come from
Dell, charging by hourly usage... but go read their website yourself.

If anybody has ever tried their systems, I'd like to hear back. I wish
such an offering would exist for Europe (guess that's just a matter of
time).

Regards

Markus Wanner