Re: How can I display the contents of a function? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From A. Kretschmer
Subject Re: How can I display the contents of a function?
Date
List pgsql-general
> Thanks everyone!  I looked around the user-defined functions section of the
> documentation, but there wasn't any mention of this.  I'm sure others would
> find it useful if it were included, or at least referenced to.

Just for info:

wait for the upcoming new release 8.4, it contains a function called
pg_get_functiondef(). Example:

test=# create or replace function foo(in a int) returns int as $$begin return a*10; end; $$language plpgsql;
CREATE FUNCTION
test=# select pg_get_functiondef('foo'::regproc);
                pg_get_functiondef
 CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION public.foo(a integer)
  RETURNS integer
  LANGUAGE plpgsql
 AS $function$begin return a*10; end; $function$

(1 row)

http://developer.postgresql.org/pgdocs/postgres/functions-info.html

Andreas
--