control the number of clog files and xlog files - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Duan Ligong
Subject control the number of clog files and xlog files
Date
List pgsql-performance
Hi,

Would you like to be so kind as to answer the following questions:

- Is there any way to control the number of clog files and xlog files?
I encounter an issue that there are too many clog files under the
pg_clog/ directory which occupy more space than I can endure..

- What determines the number of clog files? what determines the
number of xlog files?

-  I understand pg_xlog is used to record WAL. but what is pg_clog
is used to? Is it used to record some meta-information on the xlog?

- What effect does Deleting the clog and xlogfiles bring about?
Will it cause Postgresql abnormal stopping?

#I am not sure this is the right list to ask such a question.But
since I post it in the ADMIN list, and no one give me an answer,
I wanna try this list.

Best regards
Gera