Re: Problem with press release - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: Problem with press release
Date
Re: Problem with press release  (Chander Ganesan <chander@otg-nc.com>)
List pgsql-advocacy
Josh Berkus wrote:
> Bruce,
>
> >     <A0><A0><A0><A0><A0><A0><A0><A0>http://www.postgresql.org/docs
> >
> > I think future press releases should be straight ASCII.  Josh thinks
> > there is something wrong with my email software.
>
> I'm relatively certain that's the case.  Not one single person other than you
> has reported this problem, not over the 2 years you've persisted in bringing
> this up.  Please either obtain some corroborating evidence, or stop bringing
> it up.

OK, I pulled the announce mbox file from:

    http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-announce/mbox/pgsql-announce.2008-06.gz

and am attaching the MIME-encoded email that shows the non-ASCII
characters, specifically:

    =A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.3/static/release.h=

In fact I have no idea why the email itself has to be MIME-encoded.