Re: FAQ on Embedding Postgres - Mailing list pgsql-docs

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: FAQ on Embedding Postgres
Date
List pgsql-docs
Added to FAQ as part of item 1.13:

    <H3 id="item1.13">1.13) How does PostgreSQL compare to other
    <SMALL>DBMS</SMALL>s?  Can PostgreSQL be embedded?</H3>

    <P>PostgreSQL is designed as a client/server architecture, which
    requires separate processes for each client and server, and various
    helper processes.  Many embedded architectures can support such
    requirements.  However, if your embedded architecture requires the
    database server to run  inside the application process, Postgres cannot
    be used and a lighter-weight database solution should be selected.</P>