Re: getting support for developers - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: getting support for developers
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On Mon, Mar 10, 2008 at 04:54:32PM -0700, Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> On Tue, 11 Mar 2008 02:42:17 +0300 (MSK)
> Oleg Bartunov <oleg@sai.msu.su> wrote:
>
> > Hi there,
> >
> > are there any ways to help pg-developers to get support from
> > company, which willing to support their work ? The problem is that
> > company (european) needs invoice from legal organisation,
> > not from developers. Of course, we're interested in minimization of
> > any overheads :) I and Teodor are developers and not willing to be a
> > "juridical persons" :) Does SPI could help here ?
>
> Yes there are contracts that we can put in place if you have a specific
> sponsor in mind. Also PGEU may be able to help you here.

I don't know if we can easily do that. I don't know if it's just in Sweden
or if it's a EU-wide thing, but I think it's EU-wide. But i you cannot
prove that you are a legal organisation as well, you end up basically being
employed by PGEU in this case, which means that we have to pay a bunch of
taxes and stuff. And the amount of paperwork to deal with is just insane...

It's basically a case of both employer-tax and VAT handling, and this is
why the other european companies are requiring it.

Now, if you were a regsitered russian company, we could probably do
something for you. But in that case, the european companies probably could
do that directly as well.

The easiest way inside europe would be for you to register as "sole
merchant" (I think the term is). But I have no idea how easy or even
helpful that would be in Russia.

//Magnus