Re: Proposed patch to disallow password=foo in database name parameter - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Stephen Frost
Subject Re: Proposed patch to disallow password=foo in database name parameter
Date
List pgsql-patches
* Tom Lane (tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us) wrote:
> Anybody think this is good, bad, or silly?  Does the issue need
> explicit documentation, and if so where and how?

I'm going to have to vote 'silly' on this one.  While I agree that in
general we should discourage, and not provide explicit command-line
options for, passing a password on the command-line, I don't feel that
it makes sense to explicitly complicate things to prevent it.

Just my 2c,

    Thanks,

        Stephen

Attachment