Re: Approval process for news/events/training is broken - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: Approval process for news/events/training is broken
Date
List pgsql-www
On Mon, Oct 15, 2007 at 08:51:38AM +0100, Dave Page wrote:
> Josh Berkus wrote:
> > Dave, all:

> >> Looks very good to me.
> >
> > No objections or modifications?  Can we make the document canonical and link
> > the criteria from the Submit page, then?
>
> No, I'm fine with it. We should format it up as part of the main site
> rather than linking to the wiki.

One clearification - does "Postgresql family news" include all pgfoundry
projects, or just "major" ones? If second, how do we define which are
major?

Also, looking back at the news just added today, is "EnterpriseDB Postgres"
considered a "postgresql family product" or a commercial one? Maybe a
guidance bullet on "downstream distributions"?

As for events, I'm not sure I agree with the very last point, about
"conferences with little pg content". I think that depends a lot - in some
areas, having a single postgresql session *is* a major event. It no longer
is in the US for example, but in a lot of other places it is.

Training events - should we require that they include information about the
cost to attend?

(and +42 on making it a real webpage, since we need something that's very
stable if we point our visitors to it)

> > If we're going to restrict what we accept, we should let submitters know the
> > rules.
>
> Yep.

Absolutely

//Magnus