Re: Approval process for news/events/training is broken - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Andrew Sullivan
Subject Re: Approval process for news/events/training is broken
Date
List pgsql-www
On Mon, Oct 08, 2007 at 11:11:25AM -0700, Josh Berkus wrote:

> 1) There needs to be a way for admins to flag an item as "don't approve,
> there's a problem" so that if one person knows of a reason to hold,
> someone coming online later won't approve due to being clueless.

This seems ok-ish, except that the example in this case is not one
where it ought to come into play -- this was just a violation of
policy, no?
> 2) approvers should wait at least a couple of hours before approving things.

Why?  If the idea is that some approvers are more accurate or capable
or whatever, then only those approvers ought to be approving, no?
This kind of "wait a while" policy does nothing to increase accuracy,
and merely slows things down.
> 3) We need a written policy of what is acceptable for
> news/events/training and what isn't.

This makes sense.

Andrew Sullivan  | ajs@crankycanuck.ca
Unfortunately reformatting the Internet is a little more painful
than reformatting your hard drive when it gets out of whack.    --Scott Morris