Re: ecpg thread-safe descriptor - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From ITAGAKI Takahiro
Subject Re: ecpg thread-safe descriptor
Date
List pgsql-patches
Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net> wrote:

> Are you sure we should backport this to 8.2 and earlier? It's fairly large
> changes, and not necessarily entirely straightforward (for example, the
> buildfarm is still partially broken from the earlier ones not being
> portable enough).

Almost portability issues come from Windows, but ecpg in 8.2 only support
thread-safety on pthread, not on Win32. So backporting is easier than
expected because we can neglect Windows.

I want thread-safe ecpg *NOW* and cannot wait for 8.3 release...
At any rate, I'll fix it at hand and report it if it works well.

BTW, do we need to distribute ecpg with server (or client library) ?
If it was a separate product, I think we will be able to maintain them
more flexiblly, just like libpqxx or JDBC.

Regards,
---
ITAGAKI Takahiro
NTT Open Source Software Center