Re: Using Postgres as an alias - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: Using Postgres as an alias
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Bruce Momjian wrote:
> In an attempt to get "Postgres" more widely used, I propose changing
> "PostgreSQL" to "Postgres" in the documentation when there is more than
> one mention of "PostgreSQL" in the same paragraph.  The same could be done
> with the FAQ.

FYI, now that I have updated the FAQs I will be back in 2-3 weeks to ask
again about doing the same in the main documentation.  (See the FAQs for
examples of the output.)  Again, if I get an overwhelming majority, I
will make the change.  The doc changes are really only important if they
are done before the final 8.3 release so there is no rush.

So, no, this issue is not dead.  And no, I am not doing this by fiat but
rather based on clear majority opinion in this group.  Also, for those
opposed to a name change, making these changes makes making an official
name change _less_ likely.