Re: Change the name - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Tatsuo Ishii
Subject Re: Change the name
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
> Andy,
>
> > 2. At some point way early on in this thread, Josh Berkus said the largest
> > community has already voted no.
>
> No, it was Drake, not me.  JD was pointing out that someone (I don't remember
> who) had spoken for the JPUG board against a name change.  Since JPUG is our
> single largest national community, this is a pretty significant "no" vote.

If someone were me, I would like to point out that I'm not in the
position of speaking for JPUG bord. However when I startred a
discussion in the JPUG's mailing list on name changing, I found the
major opinions were against the name change. If you really want to
know how the JPUG board think, I could send an inquery to them.
--
Tatsuo Ishii
SRA OSS, Inc. Japan