Re: PostgreSQL.Org (was: PostgreSQL Conference Fall 2007) - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: PostgreSQL.Org (was: PostgreSQL Conference Fall 2007)
Date
Re: PostgreSQL.Org  ("Joshua D. Drake" <jd@commandprompt.com>)
Re: PostgreSQL.Org (was: PostgreSQL Conference Fall 2007)  (Andrew Sullivan <ajs@crankycanuck.ca>)
List pgsql-advocacy
(this is not actually about the conference, but..)

On Wed, Aug 29, 2007 at 02:28:30PM -0700, Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> PostgreSQL.Org is having a one day technical conference in Portland,

What the heck is PostgreSQL.Org? Two things:

First, our domain is postgresql.org. Not PostgreSQL.Org. That just looks
weird and ugly, really. I thought we had previously agreed on not messing
it up like that?

Second, what does that refer to? AFAIK, we "refer to ourselves" as PGDG?
In what way is this other designation different?

//Magnus