Re: The naming question (Postgres vs PostgreSQL) - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Robert Bernier
Subject Re: The naming question (Postgres vs PostgreSQL)
Date
Re: The naming question (Postgres vs PostgreSQL)  ("Gavin M. Roy" <gmr@myyearbook.com>)
Re: The naming question (Postgres vs PostgreSQL)  (Andrew Sullivan <ajs@crankycanuck.ca>)
List pgsql-advocacy
> > How about a vote?
> >
> > How many people feel we should adopt 'postgres' for the '9.0'
> > reference documentation (let's leave the issue of the tons of work
> > involved out of the debate for the moment)?

+1

> I agree with doing it without any fanfare.

I wonder.

Wouldn't it be a good marketing move to put a "vote for a name change" on the website's front page? The idea would be
tomake announcements all over the place like slashdot, digg etc. and asking the average joe for his input. You know the
saying,"there's no such thing as bad press".

Thoughts?

Robert