Re: pg_stats how-to? - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Jim C. Nasby
Subject Re: pg_stats how-to?
Date
List pgsql-performance
On Mon, May 14, 2007 at 12:02:03PM -0700, Y Sidhu wrote:
> I am sorry about this Jim, please understand that I am a newbie and am
> trying to solve long vacuum time problems and get a handle on speeding up
> queries/reports. I was pointed to pg_stats and that's where I am at now. I

Well, I have no idea what that person was trying to convey then. What
are you trying to look up? Better yet, what's your actual problem?

> have added this into my conf file:
>  stats_start_collector TRUE  stats_reset_on_server_start FALSE
> stats_command_string TRUE
> However, these being production servers, I have not enabled these:
>  stats_row_level  stats_block_level
FYI, stats_command_string has a far larger performance overhead than any
of the other stats commands prior to 8.2.

--
Jim Nasby                                      decibel@decibel.org