Re: autovacuum multiworkers, patch 5 - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From ITAGAKI Takahiro
Subject Re: autovacuum multiworkers, patch 5
Date
autovacuum multiworkers, patch 8  (Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@commandprompt.com>)
List pgsql-patches
Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@commandprompt.com> wrote:

> > > I manually merged your patch on top of my own.  This is the result.
> > > Please have a look at whether the new code is correct and behaves sanely
> > > (I haven't tested it).
>
> Huh, you are right, it is broken, even in my outgoing mailbox -- I don't
> know what happened, as the file I have on disk is complete.  Here is
> attached again.

I tested your patch on Linux and Windows. It works well on Linux,
where we use fork(), but falls into segfault on Windows, where we
use exec(). Maybe you forgot to initialize the shared memory stuff.
(I haven't find out where to be fixed, sorry.)

Multiworker and balancing seem to work well after they successfully start up.

Regards,
---
ITAGAKI Takahiro
NTT Open Source Software Center