Re: On what we want to support: travel? - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Jim C. Nasby
Subject Re: On what we want to support: travel?
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On Thu, Nov 09, 2006 at 08:09:03AM -0800, Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> On Thu, 2006-11-09 at 01:31 -0600, Jim C. Nasby wrote:

> > > How about a bounty system, where you describe work to be done and give a
> > > fixed price or the implementation and people can apply for this job?
> >
> > Maybe my glasses are especially rose-colored, but I think there's
> > plenty-enough core developers that are employed by commercial PostgreSQL
> > companies so that anyone who wants to fund development of a specific
> > feature can do so.
>
> Sure, but why shouldn't we help independent developers also contribute
> who can?

Well, I read it as adding features to the backend, which there don't
seem to be a lot of independent developers left at that level... but
like I said, my glasses could be especially rose-colored. :)

I'm absolutely in favor of getting more developers, both for backend and
non-backend projects.