Re: Can non-superuser install c functions ? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Martijn van Oosterhout
Subject Re: Can non-superuser install c functions ?
Date
List pgsql-general
On Thu, Nov 09, 2006 at 04:04:33PM -0500, Rick Schumeyer wrote:
> I am transferring a database from a system where I am a pg superuser to
> one where I am not.

<snip>

> results in: permission denied for language c
>
> Do I need to get the pg administrator to install my database ?

Yes. Letting someone install C language functions is equivalent to
giving then access to all data in the database and possibly most of the
rest of the system. So it's restricted.

So yes, the pg superuser in charge of the cluster needs to install
tsearch2 for you. The rest you can do yourself.

Have a nice day,
> From each according to his ability. To each according to his ability to litigate.

Attachment