Re: Importand points about PostgreSQL - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Stefan 'Kaishakunin' Schumacher
Subject Re: Importand points about PostgreSQL
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Also sprach Markus Schaber (schabi@logix-tt.com)

> As I'm biased from a pure technical view, I ask you here about topics
> you regard as being worth of mentioning in my talk. I'll consider all
> you mail me personally or over the list, but I don't promise to actually
> include everything. Just think of this thread as some kind of brainstorming.

I gave a Talk about PG last year in Brandenburg (with 7.3 as base) and
a modernized version with 8.1 as base some weeks ago in Magdeburg.

My Slides are online at [1], feel free to use them as information. If
you want the TeX-Source, send a private mail.

Interesting points usually are:
- ACID-Compliance, Transactions, Rules, Triggers, Functions
- Subselects
- Inheritance
- Point in time recovery / write ahead logs

[1] http://net-tex.dnsalias.org/~stefan/nt/unix/MD-060704-Postgresql-Einfuehrung.pdf

--
Pedites pugnas decernent    http://www.jaegerseiten.de    Horrido!

http://www.net-tex.de                                 http://www.cryptomancer.de