Re: Patch for - Change FETCH/MOVE to use int8 - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: Patch for - Change FETCH/MOVE to use int8
Date
List pgsql-patches
bruce wrote:

> Patch applied.  Thanks.
>
> I had to convert a lot of whitespace to tabs.  It wasn't just the
> whitespace, but whitespace that was 8 spaces.  I assume you are reading
> our code using an 8-space tab.  Please see the developer's FAQ and try
> to use tabs in future patches.  Thanks.

I have reverted this patch.  It was causing crashes in the ecpg
regression tests.  I think the problem was in scan.l:

+                       /* For Fetch/Move stmt, convert the string into int64 value */
+                       if (strcmp(yylval.keyword, "fetch") == 0 ||
+                           strcmp(yylval.keyword, "move") == 0)
+                               int64 int64Val;
+                               errno = 0;

This is code that was in the 'integer' section.  Why did you think you
could compare a non-assigned yylval at this stage?  Anyway, this isn't
going into 8.2.

--
  Bruce Momjian   bruce@momjian.us