Re: [HACKERS] Interval aggregate regression failure - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Interval aggregate regression failure
Date
List pgsql-patches
Tom Lane wrote:
> > Well, the patch only multiplies by 30, so the interval would have to
> > span +5 million years to overflow.  I don't see any reason to add
> > rounding until we get an actual query that needs it
>
> Have you tried your patch against the various cases that have been
> discussed in the past?  In particular there were several distinct
> examples of this behavior posted at the beginning of the thread, and
> I'd not assume that a fix for one handles them all.

Yes, it fixes all posted examples, except one that displays 23:60.  I
cannot reproduce that failure from Powerpc so am waiting for Michael to
test it.

> BTW, while trolling for examples I came across this:
> http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-bugs/2005-10/msg00307.php
> pointing out some issues that still haven't been addressed.

Yea, that is a bunch of issues.  They are already on the TODO list.

--
  Bruce Momjian   bruce@momjian.us