Re: postgresql live-cd - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Robert Bernier
Subject Re: postgresql live-cd
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On Wednesday 14 June 2006 13:11, Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> Robert Bernier wrote:
> > On Wednesday 14 June 2006 11:45, Markus Schiltknecht wrote:

> >> No, just heard of it. Unfortunately, the review link on the website is
> >> broken.
> >
> > Which link is broken? I'll pass on the word to get it fixed.
> >
> >> What is it built on?
> >
> > based upon damn small linux
> >
> >> What else does it offer beside PostgreSQL?
> >
> > - custom documentation
> > - postgres reference documentation
> > - apache php enabled
> > - ssh server
> > - postgres with many procedural lanuages (pltcl, plperl, plpython,
> > etc...) and slony replication - X11 using a very fast gui
> > - phppgadmin
> > - firefox
> > - various hacker tools
>
> Which version of PostgreSQL?

It's an 8.0 version but updating that to the most up to date versoin is truly trivial. What concerns me, and what has
stoppedme from undertaking the exercise, is that the distro itself no longer supports the latest hardware drivers.

cheers

robert