Re: [HACKERS] Question on win32 semaphore simulation - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Question on win32 semaphore simulation
Date
List pgsql-patches
Tom Lane wrote:
> > While we have installed a Win32-specific semaphore implementation for
> > CVS HEAD, what do we want do apply for the back branches, 8.0.X and
> > 8.1.X.  Is this the patch that should be applied?
>
> Leave 'em alone.  That code has zero field validation, and should
> certainly not get shipped until it's survived a beta-test cycle.

Uh, this is a bug fix, and the patch I am asking about is not the Win32
semaphore reimplementation but a more limited fix.  Here is the problem
report:

    http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-bugs/2006-04/msg00101.php

The test request:

    http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-bugs/2006-04/msg00251.php

and the successful test run:

    http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-bugs/2006-05/msg00002.php

We don't require bug fixes to go through beta testing.

--
  Bruce Momjian   http://candle.pha.pa.us