Re: [IMPORTANT] OSCON 1 or 2 booths? - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: [IMPORTANT] OSCON 1 or 2 booths?
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Joshua D. Drake wrote:

> >>O.k. noted. Our obvious thought is that the more presence we have the
> >>better.
> >>
> >>Anyone else?
> >>

> > I don't think that works at on convention floors.  Our biggest draw last
> > year was the horde of people who were always at our booth, while others
> > were empty --- it was dramatic.
>
> Yes but this year we are going to be in a much larger facility. If we
> were still at the Marriot I would agree with you.
>
> There (in theory) will be a lot more walker traffic, like when you go to
> a LinuxWorld (or at least that's how it used to be) or something like that.

I am not sure it is going to be that much larger than previously.  In
fact, it hasn't increased in size in a few years, and is smaller in some
respects like the number of talks.

Even at Linuxworld I think we are better with one booth.