Re: patches for OS/2 port - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: patches for OS/2 port
Date
List pgsql-patches
Tom Lane wrote:
> lsunley@mb.sympatico.ca writes:
> > The attached zip file (os2port.zip) contains an os2.diff file that has all
> > the patches for the os/2 port and a file os2newfiles.zip file that has the
> > additional files required for the port.
> > [ 130k diff snipped ]
>
> We were willing to tolerate a port this invasive for Windows, but it's
> real hard to justify adding so much cruft for OS/2.

I agree with Tom on this.  The patch is 4k context diff, and the new
files are 30k.  It just seems too large for a port we are unlikely going
to be able to test or maintain.   I think it is like the Netware port
where we rely out port-specific folks to maintain a patch.  We can
mention the patch URL in the FAQ, and already have an OS/2 link there.