Re: Server instrumentation for 8.1 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: Server instrumentation for 8.1
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Andreas,

> First, as some other msg states the views will estimate the sizes,
> dbsize uses actual file sizes. Second, in contrast to CKL, I would *not*
> use these fancy new system views, because they mean yet another
> dependency for pgAdmin.

<grin> I like that.  You're in favor of including the server tools because
you, personally, use them.  You're against including the new system views
because you, personally, won't use them.   Do I misunderstand you, or are you
failing to put things in a broader context?

--
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions