Re: Name that project contest! - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Robert Treat
Subject Re: Name that project contest!
Date
Re: Name that project contest!  (Tom Copeland <tom@infoether.com>)
List pgsql-advocacy
On Friday 08 April 2005 22:22, Tom Copeland wrote:

> > > Just in case... this was a joke.
> >
> > How about just calling it "postgres".  This would show a relationship
> > with PostgreSQL  and it's predecessor POSTGRES but be easily
> > differentiated by the unique spelling.
>
> How about "firefox"?  Or maybe, "firebird"?  Oh wait...

When the firbird folks tried to write a clone of oracle they called it
fyracle... I'm not sure how close this will be but maybe postgracle would be
good?

--
Robert Treat