Re: PHP stuff - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: PHP stuff
Date
Re: PHP stuff  ("Mark Woodward" <pgsql@mohawksoft.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
Mark Woodward wrote:
> I would say that "The PostgreSQL Global Development Group" or its
> representatives (I'm assuming Tom, Bruce, and/or Marc Fournier) just
> has to give something written, that says Christopher Kings-Lynne of
> "your address, city, country, etc"  has the right to re-license or
> distribute under the PHP license the PostgreSQL documentation to the
> PHP group for the purpose of documenting the PostgreSQL object
> relational system, etc. etc.

The license of the PostgreSQL documentation does not give the right to
relicense it nor does it give "representatives" the right to give
someone permission to relicense it.  The only right you have is to use
it under the terms spelled out in the license.

--
Peter Eisentraut