Linux Seminar Sheffield UK - 2nd March 2005 - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Richard Ibbotson
Subject Linux Seminar Sheffield UK - 2nd March 2005
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Hi

Don't know if this is the right place to send this but it seems
likely that it is.

In March we will hold our annual Linux seminar in Sheffield.  This is
aimed at local business teams with a view to getting local people and
businesses to understand something about open source software and
what they can or can't do with it.  People come from all over the
country to join in.  Very popular event.

People who are presenting at this year's seminar are .. Hans Kind,
presented "Locking down your Apache Web Server with mod_security" at
Apachecon 2004.  Ruediger Berlich will present the business aspects
of Grid Computing..

 http://www.ep1.rub.de/~ruediger/start.htm

Jacek Artymiak will present what to do with Soekris hardware and how
to install OpenBSD into it..

http://www.devguide.net/books/openbsdfw-02-ed/index.html

There are some others but this gives a flavour of what the seminar is
about.  A PHP presentation is in the works just now. Plan is to do a
Lamp presentation and some network security.

http://www.onlamp.com/

What we would like to find is someone who can do a Postgresql
presentation for us.  There was a Postgres stand at the UK Linux Expo
in London in October 2004. We'll consider flying in someone from
outside of the UK but a UK based presenter would be preferred.

Please send e-mail to myself if you would like to have a go at this.
We can provide you with expenses and a hotel and possibly even some
nice food in a good restaurant.

Kind regards

--
Richard