Re: A thread about SPs -- mentioning PostgreSQL - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: A thread about SPs -- mentioning PostgreSQL
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On Sat, Jul 31, 2004 at 09:22:18AM +0300, Devrim GUNDUZ wrote:

> There is a new thread at /. "Stored Procedures - Good or Bad?", and it
> mentions about PostgreSQL among enterprise databases:
>
> http://ask.slashdot.org/askslashdot/04/07/30/2324206.shtml?tid=198&tid=156&tid=4&tid=1&tid=8&tid=218

Very interesting.  A gem:

    I used to work for an ecommerce (java/ejb) website that needed to ditch
    it's oracle licensing (we were running out of money) and had to switch
    everything over to mysql. Our site featured a custom built ecommerce
    site, forums and a few external services (feeds like weather etc).

    Because we designed everything using EJBs and a decent middle tier we
    were able to convert everything over in two days (two senior
    developers).

"Ni aun el genio muy grande llegaría muy lejos
si tuviera que sacarlo todo de su propio interior" (Goethe)