Re: the PostgreSQL Elephant - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Lamar Owen
Subject Re: the PostgreSQL Elephant
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On Tuesday 13 July 2004 11:24, Robert Bernier wrote:
> >Does PostgreSQL Inc have a trademark on it?

> Ask Marc, http://strategis.ic.gc.ca/SSG/1017/trdp101713200e.html

Incidentally, the trademark is for the TEXT, not the graphic.  And I find it
interesting that the Official Trademark has no space, but the Trademark
office's webpage list Postgre SQL Inc with a space, and the index headings
have spaces (Postgre SQL).  And we wonder why people call us 'Postgre?'

But the BEH graphic is not listed there.  And the BEH is the antecedent of the
'it' in the sentence I wrote: "Does PostgreSQL Inc have a trademark on _it_?"

I'll admit to not being 100% comfortable with this scenario at this time, when
just three years ago it wouldn't have (and indeed didn't) bother me.
--
Lamar Owen
Director of Information Technology