Re: mingw configure failure detection - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: mingw configure failure detection
Date
List pgsql-patches
Andrew Dunstan wrote:
> following up our conversation last night, I have tested the following
> with autoconf 2.57 and it apparently does the right thing:
>
> # Links sometimes fail undetected on Mingw -
> # so here we detect it and warn the user
> case $host_os in mingw*)
> AC_CONFIG_COMMANDS([default],[
>   for linkspec in : $config_links; do test "x$linkspec" = x: && continue
>     linktry=`echo "$linkspec" | sed 's,:.*,,'`
>     test -e $linktry || AC_MSG_WARN([ link for $linktry failed - please
> fix by hand])
>   done
> ])
> ;;
> esac

OK, got it working nicely:

    case $host_os in mingw*)
    AC_CONFIG_COMMANDS([check_win32_symlinks],[
    # Links sometimes fail undetected on Mingw -
    # so here we detect it and warn the user
    for FILE in "$CONFIG_LINKS"
     do
            # test -e works for symlinks in the MinGW console
            test -e `expr "$FILE" : '\(^:*\)'` || AC_MSG_WARN([*** link for
    $FILE - please fix by hand])
     done
    ])
            ;;