Re: ON COMMIT temp table handling - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: ON COMMIT temp table handling
Date
List pgsql-patches
Gavin Sherry wrote:
> > The flag we being passed for the creation of the new heap, which was
> > going to be deleted anyway when the transaction finished.  Why bother
> > passing anything special for it?
>
> I see. I should have looked at the code itself. Sorry.

The problem is that the flag to heap_create_with_catalog now has so many
possible values that it isn't easy to find the value that exists for
the table being clustered, and because the temp heap goes away anyway
after the command, it isn't worth trying to figure out what it is.