Re: 7.2 fe-exec.c patch to PQescapeString() - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: 7.2 fe-exec.c patch to PQescapeString()
Date
List pgsql-patches
I am not sure about this patch. If they pass NULL as string pointers,
but a positive length, I think we should crash rather than assuming
everything is OK.  The code already works OK for length = 0.  In fact,
the patch makes length=0 do nothing, rather than having it execute this
line:

    /* Write the terminating NUL character. */
    *target = '\0';