Re: Patch: use SCM_CREDS authentication over PF_LOCAL sockets - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Garrett Wollman
Subject Re: Patch: use SCM_CREDS authentication over PF_LOCAL sockets
Date
List pgsql-patches
<<On Mon, 13 Aug 2001 10:14:14 -0400, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> said:

> A more significant objection is that you've extended the wire protocol
> by adding a new authorization protocol, but have fixed only one client
> library and not touched the protocol documentation at all.  There's a
> lot more work needed to make this a complete patch.

It works for me, in the applications that I care about, and that's all
matters to me.  If you don't want to take advantage of the work that
I've done (it took about an hour), that's not my concern.

> BTW, current sources already contain support for using
> getsockopt(SO_PEERCRED) where available --- AFAIK that's only Linux,
> but perhaps that's all you need.

I have no interest in Linux.

-GAWollman