Re: use GUC for cmdline - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Marko Kreen
Subject Re: use GUC for cmdline
Date
List pgsql-patches
On Thu, Jun 21, 2001 at 07:50:44PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> Marko Kreen <marko@l-t.ee> writes:
> >> This seems like an appropriate fix.  I would recommend doing the same
> >> with all the option switch settings that are protected with "if
> >> (secure)".  This is not a hack: essentially it says we will treat
> >> options passed to the postmaster with -o as postmaster-time options.
>
> > -                if (secure)
> > -                    SetConfigOption("shared_buffers", optarg, ctx, true);
> > +                SetConfigOption("shared_buffers", optarg, secure_ctx, true);
>
> Uh, removing the security checks is NOT what I had in mind.  Wasn't
> my example clear enough?

Ee, this is done in set_config_option?

secure_ctx = PGC_POSTMASTER until '-p' then it will
get ordinary 'ctx'.  This should follow use of secure.
Ofcourse this assumes all GUC vars you want to protect
with 'secure' have PGC_POSTMASTER/PGC_SIGHUP as context.
Wont it be true?

--
marko