Removal of book PDF - Mailing list pgsql-announce

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Removal of book PDF
Date
List pgsql-announce
As I have mentioned in the past, Addison-Wesley has requested that I
remove the PDF version of the book once the book is published to
"encourage" people to purchase the printed copy.  Therefore, I will be
removing the PDF version of the book in the next few days.

The web-based HTML version will remain forever.  Also, I have improved
the HTML version.  Previously, the figures were rendered as bitmap
images, making them hard to read.  Figures are now rendered as straight
HTML text, making them copy/paste-able as well.

The book has been in print for one month, and 2,155 copies have been
sold so far.

Many thanks to the people who made suggestions and encouraged me.  The
book has very few errors, and is much clearer because of your help.