binary operators on integers - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Marko Kreen
Subject binary operators on integers
Date
List pgsql-general
I want to do simple and/or/xor/test operations on integers
but PostgreSQL seems not to support this.  I found in conrib
area the 'bit' package, which supports 'SQL-compliant bitstrings'
but this is too weird for me and anyway it crashes too.

So, my question 'How can I do this?'  Is there any plans to implement
those operators for integer types, or good reasons why they cannot
be implemented?  Should I try to implement those myself or start
debugging the 'bit' package?

My situation: I want to implement a 'capabilities' field for
application server, so different bits are for different
capabilities.

TIA.

--
marko