How to get PL languages to work in Postgres - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Erich
Subject How to get PL languages to work in Postgres
Date
List pgsql-general
I'm sure this is a dumb question, but...

When I try to create a PL/pgSQL function, even a very simple one like
the add_one function in the example, I get this error:

ERROR:  Unrecognized language specified in a CREATE FUNCTION: 'plpgsql'.  Recognized languages are sql, C, internal and
thecreated procedural languages.

Do you have any idea how to get it to work?  I just compiled and
installed Postgres in the normal way.  I can see that there is a
plpgsql.so in /usr/local/pgsql/lib.

Have I missed an installation option?  Anything else I should do?

Thanks,