Re: Query plan - now what? - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Query plan - now what?
Date
List pgsql-performance
David Shadovitz <david@shadovitz.com> writes:
> Well, now that I have the plan for my slow-running query, what do I
> do?

This is not very informative when you didn't show us the query nor
the table schemas (column datatypes and the existence of indexes
are the important parts).  I have a feeling that you might be well
advised to fold the multiple tables into one "animals" table, but
there's not enough info here to make that recommendation for sure.

BTW, what did you do with this, print and OCR it?  It's full of the
most bizarre typos ... mostly "l" for "1", but others too ...

            regards, tom lane