Re: [PERFORM] Dataset is fetched from cache but still takes same time to fetch records as first run - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [PERFORM] Dataset is fetched from cache but still takes same time to fetch records as first run
Date
List pgsql-performance
Sumeet Shukla <sumeet.k.shukla@gmail.com> writes:
> Yes, but when I actually execute the query in pgAdmin3, it takes exactly
> the same time of 19.5 secs.

pgAdmin is well known to be horribly inefficient at displaying large
query results (and 121788 rows qualifies as "large" for this purpose,
I believe).  The circa-tenth-of-a-second savings on the server side
is getting swamped by client-side processing.

It's possible that pgAdmin4 has improved matters in this area.

            regards, tom lane