Re: Performance on Sun Fire X4150 x64 (dd, bonnie++, pgbench) - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Performance on Sun Fire X4150 x64 (dd, bonnie++, pgbench)
Date
List pgsql-performance
Emil Pedersen <emil.pedersen@its.uu.se> writes:
>> At least on debian it was quite easy to "backport" 8.3.3 from sid
>> to etch using apt-get's source and build-dep functions.  That way
>> you get a normal installable package.

> I should have said that I was talking about the postgresql, I
> missed the plr part.  I appologize for the noice.

Still, there's not normally that much difference between the packaging
for one version and for the next.  I can't imagine that it would take
much time to throw together a package for 8.3 plr based on what you're
using for 8.2.  All modern package-based distros make this pretty easy.
The only reason not to do it would be if you're buying support from
a vendor who will only support specific package versions...

            regards, tom lane