local_preload_libraries converts path to lowercase? - Mailing list pgsql-testers

From Lou Picciano
Subject local_preload_libraries converts path to lowercase?
Date
List pgsql-testers

[TEST REPORT]

[Release]: 9.0beta2

[Test Type]: Application - configuration.

[Test]: Attempt to make use of the

local_preload_libraries option within postgresql.conf

[Platform]: SUN SPARC 4u Enterprise 450 Quad.

[Parameters]: attempt to use local_preload_libraries = /usr/local/lib/MyFavoriteLib.so.   PG converts entire path to lowercase: /usr/local/lib/myfavoritelib.so.

[Failure]: Yes

[Results]:  The Postgres binary converts the library name - in fact the entire pathname to the library - to lowercase.  Attempt to connect to server using psql results in psql: FATAL:  access to library "/usr/local/lib/myfavoritelib.so" is not allowed - even though permissions are 'permissive'.

[Comments]: (Whether our attempt to reference our preloaded library in this place is correct or not,) that the binary changes the directive to lower case seems odd.