Re: Maintenance question / DB size anomaly... - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Maintenance question / DB size anomaly...
Date
List pgsql-performance
Kurt Overberg <kurt@hotdogrecords.com> writes:
> Okay, so the sl_log_1 TABLE looks okay.  Its the indexes that seem to
> be messed up, specifically sl_log_1_idx1 seems to think that there's
>>> 300,000 rows in the table its associated with.  I just want to fix
> the index, really.

I'm not sure how you arrive at that conclusion.  The VACUUM VERBOSE
output you provided here:
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-performance/2007-06/msg00370.php
shows clearly that there are lots of rows in the table as well as
the indexes.  A REINDEX would certainly cut the size of the indexes
but it isn't going to do anything about the extraneous rows.

When last heard from, you were working on getting pg_filedump output for
some of the bogus rows --- what was the result?

            regards, tom lane