Re: Weird double single quote issue - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Weird double single quote issue
Date
Re: Weird double single quote issue  (Peter <peter@greatnowhere.com>)
List pgsql-general
Peter <peter@greatnowhere.com> writes:
> 2. No. In fact I can replicate the problem on the same computer using
> PgAdmin (connecting as two different users)
> 3. I can isolate the part but it does not help much. I'm even doing
> RAISE NOTICE and printing out the actual SQL statement that is being
> executed... and it's IDENTICAL for both users yet returns different
> values. Executing exactly the same SQL statement from commandline
> produces identical results for both users.

It's really pretty hard to believe that the same function would work
differently for two different users.  I'm wondering if maybe the two
users aren't executing the same function --- perhaps not the specific
one you are looking at, but some other one it depends on.  Do the
users have different search_path settings?

            regards, tom lane