Re: COPY TO and VACUUM - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Roberto Grandi
Subject Re: COPY TO and VACUUM
Date
Re: COPY TO and VACUUM  (Jeff Janes <jeff.janes@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-performance
Hi kevin

first of all thanks for your help. I did a mistake we are using postgres 8.3.

I didn't expect COPY TO frees space but I was wondering Autovacumm delete dead rows as soon as possible, in fact my
scenariois:

- Delete all products record for a vendor
- Reload all products record (from new listing) for the same vendor.

Obviously we repeat this process continously and table space is growing really fast.

Can you suggest me an approach for autovacuum within this scenario and, if you want, suggest me an appropriate version
ofpostgres that help solving my problem?

Many thanks in advance again.

BR,
Roberto